This box is designed as a center feed box for the Rem. M-700 Short Action.
The feed lips have been purposely kept long to allow for custom fitting for any short ctg. case.
These boxes are normally sold with an F-7 follower.
This box extends the O.A.L. of the ctg. approx. .110".
Outside length is 3.070". Inside length is 2.995".
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE INTERNAL BOXES
- Mill magazine box mortice rearward as shown in (figure 1), just long enough for the extended box to fit.
- Shorten face of bolt stop .110" (figure 2) to accomodate extra box length.
- When fitting the magazine lips, bend the lips inward until it takes medium pressure to push the cartridge through them. When pushing the cartridges through the lips, make sure that the magazine lips do not contact the action rails. If allowed to do so, this will cause a bind during the loading process. If they do touch, correct this by lowering the top of the lips and bending them in farther.
- This design is not of the in-line type. The cartridges will sit in the box staggard and will pop to center when pushed forward.
- The extended boxes may or may not fit the factory bottom metal. The easiest cure is to relieve the back of the magazine box so it sits on top of the bottom metal instead of in the mortice. Most of our boxes are allready cut for this.
Altered receiver on top
The altered bolt stop on top.